Effective Date: May 16, 2017
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
•Basic user information, such as your name, username, gender, birth date, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number and photographs;
•Messages and interactive forum information, such as discussion group posts, messages to other Service users and information you provide in connection with activities and events;
•Other background, contact and demographic information, such as your occupation, personal URL, IM username, emergency contact, home descriptions, travel history and plans and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide;
•Information stored on your mobile device, such as your photos, calendar information and contacts, if you have given us permission to access this information; and
•Information about you from other users, such as trust ratings, friend connections, public references, and other interconnections and interactions between you and other users.
•Information provided to us by you as a part of the identity verification process. This includes the identity document and images used in the process, as well as the information included on the identity document provided; and
•any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
•register on our website or app;
•communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
•interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
•invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
•to enable you to access and use our website and services;
•to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
•to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
•to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
•to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
•to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
•to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our service. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the privacy laws and regulations of the UAE. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
•our employees and related bodies corporate;
•third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
•professional advisers, dealers and agents;
•payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
•our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
•our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
•anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
•specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
•other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may disclose personal information outside of your country of residence to third party suppliers and internet cloud providers located in various countries.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Mrs. Irina Heaver
The following policies are in place to ensure that SwapWorld.com remains a fun and safe place for everyone. Violations of these policies may result in a range of actions including, but not limited to:
•Removal of violating content
•Removal of access to elements of the site or features
•Temporary or permanent Profile deactivation
1. Don’t Spam: We value human interaction and want the content on our site and sent to our members to be personalized and valuable. Copying and pasting the same message across the site, in member-to-member messages, Groups, Local discussions or Event listings is not permitted.
2. Don’t Go Looking for a Date: Our members join SwapWorld.com to create friendships. Don’t contact other members for dating, or use the site to find sexual partners. We will consider this harassment. We take reports of unwanted sexual advances, both online and offline, seriously and they may be considered violations of this Conduct policy. Respect others’ boundaries.
3. Don’t Intimidate, Stalk, or Harass: Stalking, intimidation, threats, and harassment of other members is prohibited.
4. Do Create Only One Profile: Duplicate, fake, and joke profiles are not allowed. The first profile that you create must be you and is the only one that you may have.
5. Do Be Yourself: Misrepresenting yourself as someone else is prohibited. This includes representation as an agent, representative, employee, or affiliate of SwapWorld.com.
6. Do Keep It Legal: Don’t engage in nor encourage illegal activity; don’t violate any applicable law or regulation.
Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, falls into any of the following categories is prohibited:
1. Hate Speech and Offensive Language: Hate speech, particularly speech that disparages any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group by stereotypical depiction or is otherwise abusive or inflammatory, including content that contains offensive language or images
2. Sexually Explicit Content: Contains nudity, sexually explicit content or is otherwise obscene, sexually exploitive of minors, pornographic, indecent, lewd, or suggestive
3. Personally Identifiable Information: Contains private or personal information about another person, such as phone number or address
4. Illegal and Infringing: Unlawful content or content for which SwapWorld.com has received a court order to remove, or content that infringes on the rights of a third party, including intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights
5. Glamorizing Violence: Incites violence or characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable
6. Commercial or Promotional: Contains unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations - including content used to promote a business or product - without our prior written consent
Reporting violations of SwapWorld.com Policies. If you feel another person is violating this policy please contact us ASAP on email@example.com